Senior Database Architect
TixTrack is now experiencing our fastest growth ever and we're looking for a Senior Database Architect to help us continue our success.
This is a rare opportunity to join a tech startup as the first team member dedicated to data engineering and where you’ll have a profound impact on the company’s success.
Our business poses a number of exciting challenges for the right data-focused candidate. TixTrack will soon be designing our first data warehouse solution that empowers users to perform self-service business intelligence. This is a chance to build something great. Are you up for the challenge?
Experience with our current database (Azure SQL) is a nice to have, but not a must. What is most important is a deep knowledge in DBMS and a desire be great at your profession. Our company is not strictly a “Microsoft Shop” and TixTrack will be looking to evaluate technologies such as PostgreSQL as well as MPP products like Amazon Redshift where appropriate.
- Lead the strategy for database architecture in terms of scalability, high availability, data security and change management
- Work with developers, designers and product owners to deliver innovative products that help users get the answers they need
- Design high performance OLAP databases and ETL processes
- Proactively monitor DB usage and provide performance tuning and query optimization
Your Skills and Qualifications
- At least 7+ years of experience as a developer designing and delivering business intelligence solutions
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Experience data warehouse and ETL solutions
- A keen understanding of core DBMS data storage, retrieval and update principles
- A detail-oriented and result-focused with total commitment to team success, excellence, and quality assurance
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and work experience
Benefits and Work Environment
Our office is located in the heart of silicon beach in sunny Santa Monica. We are serious about success, but we strive for a fun and friendly work environment that everyone enjoys coming to every day. TixTrack is a young company, but unlike many startups we are already pro
- Competitive salary and equity opportunities
- Fully paid PPO health insurance with vision and dental
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Free snacks (and beer)
- Fun and relaxed office environment
- Flexible vacation policy
Please send your resume along with a brief introduction to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to apply.